Sandeep Reddy Vanga is an Indian film director, screenwriter, dialogue writer, and actor. He is famous for directing super hit Telugu film, ‘Arjun Reddy.’
Sandeep Reddy Vanga was born on 25 December 1981 (Age: 37 years old, as in 2018) in Warangal, Telangana (Then Andhra Pradesh), India. He did his schooling from Siddartha High school, Hyderabad and Platinum Jubilee High School, Warangal, Telangana, India. For his higher education, he enrolled at SDM College of Medical Sciences, Dharwad, Karnataka, India and received his bachelor degree in Physiotherapy. However, he found his Physiotherapy classes boring. He was not interested in that study. He wanted to pursue his career in film-making. Later, to fulfil his dream of becoming a film-maker, he went to Australia and enrolled at International Film School, (now known as AFTT – Academy of Film, Theatre & Television) Sydney, Australia, to pursue a degree in film-making. He remained there for two years.
- Height: 175 cm or 5’9″
Vanga was born to Prabhakar Reddy and Sujatha. He has one brother, Pranay Reddy Vanga (Elder), who is a software engineer at FannieMae in the United States of America. In 2014, he married Maneesha Reddy and the couple has a son, Arjun.
In 2005, Vanga as an apprentice for the film, ‘Manasu Maata Vinadhu.’ He made his directorial debut through a Telugu film, ‘Arjun Reddy’ in 2017.
In 2018, he also tried his hand at acting and made his acting debut in a Tamil and Telugu film, Mahanati. In 2019, Vanga made his entry in Bollywood and directed the remake of his film Arjun Reddy with the name ‘Kabir Singh.’
He has also worked as an assistant director for the film, ‘Kedi’ and as an associate director with Kranthi Madhav for the film, ‘Malli Malli Idi Rani Roju.’
- Film(s): 7G Brindavan Colony, Tamasha, A Requiem For A Dream, Goodfellas
- Musician(s): Ilaiyaraaja, Lucky Ali, Bob Marley
- Sandeep Vanga smokes and drinks alcohol.
- He was facing problems in finding producers for his film-Arjun Reddy. According to him, many producers promised to produce his film but they backed out later.
- During his sad days, his brother and father came out to help him. His brother, Pranay Reddy Vanga invested half of the budget and his father gave rest of the amount.
- The film, Arjun Reddy was made on a budget of Rs. 4 crores. The film was hit and grossed over more than Rs. 500 million ($8 million) at the box office. Actor, Vijay Deverakonda and actress, Shalini Pandey has starred in the film.
- Vanga is a hard believer and follower of Hinduism.
- His hobbies are watching movies, flying kites, listening to music, photography, etc.