Rohan Vinod Mehra was born to one of the most eminent directors of Bollywood, Vinod Mehra. Rohan remained unknown in the B-town and did not enjoy the status of a star kid since, after the demise of Vinod Mehra, Rohan moved to Kenya. In 2018, Rohan made his debut through the film, Bazaar, starring Saif Ali Khan, Radhika Apte, and Chitrangada Singh in the pivotal roles. Let’s dive deeper into the life of Rohan Vinod Mehra.
Rohan Mehra was born on 7 May 1991 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Despite being the son of the renowned actor, Vinod Mehra, Rohan did not share the limelight of a star kid. After the sudden demise of his father, Rohan’s mother took him and his sister to Kenya and started living there with his maternal grandparents. That is why he holds the nationality of Kenya. After completing his studies, he even started working in Kenya until one day he realized that he was not made for desk jobs and then he decided to take forward his father’s league of acting. He came to Mumbai in 2012 to pave his way in Bollywood as an actor.
He stands 5′ 11″ (175cm) and weighs 75 kg (165 lbs). He has a lean athletic body which measures as follows: chest measuring 42 inches, waist 30 inches and biceps 18 inches. He has dark brown eyes and black hair.
Family, Girlfriend & Caste
Rohan was born to Vinod Mehra (Actor, Died in 1990) and Kiran Mehta on 7 May 1991.
He has a sister, Soniya Mehra, who is also an actress and has appeared in movies like Victoria No. 203 (2007) and Ragini MMS (2014).
His father died 8 months before Rohan’s birth. Rohan is said to be in a relationship with actress, Tara Sutaria.
Rohan follows Hinduism and is Khatri by caste.
Education & Career
He completed his graduation in Econometrics and Mathematics from the University of Nottingham, Nottingham, United Kingdom. After he moved to Mumbai in 2012, he started attending acting workshops. In 2013, Rohan wrote and directed a short film, ‘Afterword.’ He got an opportunity to assist Sanjay Leela Bhansali on his film, ‘Bajirao Mastani’ in 2015. Before giving auditions for the film, Baazaar (2018), Rohan gave an audition for some other film of Nikkhil Advani, who saw his photographs on Instagram, but that film was never made. Rohan approached Nikkhil Advani when he heard of his new venture, Bazaar, though Nikkhil refused to give him the movie in the first place since he wanted an established actor for the film and not a newcomer, things fell into place when Rohan convinced him for an audition. Later Rohan was approached for a role in the movie.
Rohan was groomed by Nikkhil’s production company, ‘Emmay Entertainment,’ where he was taught dance and martial arts. In 2018, Rohan made his commercial debut with the Bollywood actress, Deepika Padukone for the mobile brand ‘Oppo’ smartphone.
- Rohan loves eating pancakes.
- He loves Playing the guitar, photography, travelling, and watching Football in his leisure time.
- He looks forward to and gets inspired from the actors Vicky Kaushal and Rajkummar Rao.
- His favourite movies are Khamoshi, Company, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Devdas, and Gangs Of Wasseypur.
- He loves the work of the film director, Hrishikesh Mukherjee.
- Rohan is a fan of and supports Liverpool FC.
- He is also a talented photographer and a guitarist.
- According to him, if he weren’t an actor, he would have been an investment banker.
- Rohan’s favourite films of his father, Vinod are- ‘Bemisal,’ ‘Ghar,‘ and ‘Anurodh.’
- He is a big animal lover and has a dog named ‘Pumba.’
- Rohan Vinod Mehra is often mistaken as the TV actor Rohan Mehra since they share the same name.