Ravindrasinh Anirudhsinh Jadeja is an Indian professional cricketer. He is an all-rounder who plays as a left-handed batsman and left-arm orthodox bowler.
Ravindra Jadeja was born on 6 December 1988 (age 30 years; as in 2018) in NavagamGhed, Gujarat. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He was brought up in a middle-class family in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
His father wanted him to become an Army officer but he was more inclined towards Cricket. He started his training for the game while he was in school. He got selected in the Indian U-19 team when he was just 16 years old.
Height: 5’ 7”
Weight: 60 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 40″, Waist 32″, Biceps 12″
Family, Caste & Wife
Ravindra Jadeja belongs to a Hindu Family. His father, Anirudhsinh Jadeja, worked as a watchman for a private security agency. His mother, Late Lata Jadeja, was a nurse. He has two sisters. His elder sister, Naina, is a nurse.
Jadeja got married to Rivaba Solanki on 17 April 2016. The couple has a daughter, Nidhyana, who was born in 2017.
Jadeja started his cricket career in 2005 with the Under-19 Cricket World Cup. India stood runner up but Jadeja impressed everyone with a haul of 3 wickets against Pakistan in the final. He was the vice-captain of the Indian U-19 cricket team that won the World Cup in Malaysia in 2008. Ravindra made his ODI debut against Sri Lanka on 8 February 2009 in which he scored an unbeaten 60 off 77 balls. In his third ODI against Sri Lanka in Cuttack, he was awarded the man of the match for taking 4 wickets. His Test debut came in December 2012, against England at Nagpur. He scored his maiden Test fifty on 20 July 2015 against England. On 22 January 2017, Ravindra became the first Indian left-arm spinner to take 150 One Day International wickets after dismissing Sam Billings at Eden Gardens in Kolkata. In the same year, Jadeja became the top-ranked bowler leaving behind Ravichandran Ashwin, who earlier held this position. His first test century came in 2018 playing against West Indies in Rajkot. In March 2019, he became the third cricketer for India to score 2,000 runs and take 150 wickets in ODIs.
Jadeja has also been a part of the First-Class Cricket and IPL. He was auctioned for $2 million by the Chennai Super Kings at the 2012 IPL Auctions. In 2016, when the Chennai Super Kings were banned from the IPL for two seasons, Jadeja was bought by the Gujarat Lions in the 2016 IPL Players Auction for ₹9.5 crores. He plays from the Saurashtra Cricket Team in the First Class Cricket.
- Jadeja became the first Indian bowler to top the ICC ODI Bowlers Rankings after the former captain, Anil Kumble, claimed the pole position way back in 1996.
- Ravinder is the only Indian cricketer to score 3 triple centuries in the First Class Cricket.
- Jadeja went into a verbal spat with his teammate Suresh Raina after Raina dropped 2 catches during his bowling in the match played against the West Indies in July 2013.
- He also had a verbal clash with the England Cricketer, James Anderson in 2014 during India’s tour to England.
His net worth is estimated to be $3 million. Jadeja gets paid ₹25 Lakh per annum as his Retainership fees, ₹7 lakh per test match, ₹4 lakh per one day match, and ₹2 lakh per T20 match.
Jadeja’s car collection includes a Hyundai Accent and an Audi A4. He also owns a black Hayabusa Bike.
- Opponent Cricket Team: Pakistan
- His hobbies include riding bikes, driving cars, resting at his farmhouse, and horse riding.
- Jadeja’s mother passed away in an accident in 2006, when he was just 17 years old. The incident made him so weak that he once decided to quit Cricket.
- He wears the No. #8 Jersy while he plays for India and wears Jersy #12 when he plays for the Chennai Super Kings (CSK).
- Ravindra owns a post restaurant “Jaddu’s Food Field” in Rajkot, Gujarat.
- Jadeja is a very religious person.
- He can wield the sword as good as he flows his cricket bat.
- He is fondly called “Jaddu,” “RJ,” “Rockstar,” and “Sir Ravindra Jadeja.”
- Jadeja has inked a flower tattoo on his back, a horse on his left forearm, “Jaddu” tattoo on his right forearm, and a dragon tattoo on his left bicep.
- On 15 April 2019, Jadeja announced his support to BJP through his Twitter handle and tagged PM Narendra Modi and his wife, Rivaba Jadeja, in it; His wife joined BJP in 2018. Interestingly, a day before he announced his support to BJP, his father and sister joined the Congress Party from Jamnagar district.