Harpal Singh better known as Preet Harpal, is a Punjabi singer, model, lyricist, and actor who came into the spotlight with his Punjabi song “Lock Up”.
Preet Harpal was born on 31 March 1975 (age 44 years; as in 2019) in Gurdaspur, Punjab. His zodiac sign is Aries. He was a quiet and shy child. Preet had a deep interest in music since his childhood and when he was in his college, he used to write songs during mid-night while sitting in his drawing room.
Harpal started his singing career in 1997 with the music album “Hasle Vairne Hasle.” Subsequently, he released many albums but he received fame only in 2009 with his song “Lock Up” which was a super hit. He, then, went on to release many hit tracks including “Goodbye,” “Att Goriye,” “Black Suit,” “Kangna,” “Yaar Berozgar,” “Wang,” and “Pagg Wali Selfie.”
Preet made his acting debut in the Punjabi film industry in 2012 with the film “Sirphire.” Next, he appeared in “Myself Pendu.” In 2019, Harpal featured in the Punjabi film “Lukan Michi” opposite Mandy Takhar.
Height (approx.): 5’ 8”
Weight (approx.): 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements: Chest 39″, Waist 32″, Biceps 12″
Family, Caste & Wife
Preet Harpal belongs to a Sikh Family. His father, Bachan Singh, is a former army officer. Not much is known about his mother. Preet has 3 brothers. The names of his 2 brothers are Narinder Bains and Daljit Bains.
He is married and has two sons, Kirat Bains, and Nidhan Bains.
- Preet attracted controversy for the lyrics of his song “Rang” in which he has disrespected Sri Guru Granth Sahib. However, the singer later issued a video response to the controversy and explained that the song was being taken in the wrong way and that he never meant to hurt anyone’s feelings. He also read the lyrics of his songs and gave an explanation of each line of his song.
- In 2015, Preet Harpal landed into a controversy after he claimed that the Punjabi singer, Ranjit Bawa, has copied his song and replaced his father’s name in the song while performing live at the Nakoder Mela 2015.
Harpal owns a Range Rover and a Toyota Innova car.
- Food: Makki Roti, Sarson Da Saag
- Music Director: Dr. Zeus
- Lyricist: Shiv Kumar Batalvi
- Films: Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Satya, Goreyan Nu Daffa Karo
- Singers: Kuldeep Manak, Kishore Kumar
- TV Show: Voice Of Punjab Chotta Champ
- Holiday Destination: Gurdaspur, Punjab
- His hobbies include playing hockey, driving, swimming, shopping, and dancing.
- Harpal used to visit the Jalandhar’s Doordarshan Kendra office in his childhood to have a glance of his favourite celebrities.
- Preet was very close to his mother and he even released a song “Maa” which was dedicated to his mother.
- He shares a great bond with the Punjabi singer, Jazzy B.
- Harpal is very particular about his fitness.
- Preet is a close friend of Kuldeep Singh Chahal, who is the SSP of Mohali, Punjab.
- He considers Jarnail Ghuman as his Godfather.
- His first live performance was at village Khadaula, near Chandigarh.
- According to Preet, his most embarrassing moment was when he fell down from the stage while performing live at the stage in Punjab.
- Preet has also performed a song with Amruta Fadnavis, the wife of Maharashtra’s CM, Devendra Fadnavis.
- He has got his sons names “Kirat” and “Nidhan” inked on his left forearm and a lions face inked on the nape of his neck.