Nakash Aziz was born on 24 February 1985 (age 34 years; as in 2019) in Moodabidri, a small suburban town on the outskirts of Mangalore. His zodiac sign is Pisces.
He hails from a family with a Musical background. Naksh was inclined towards singing from a very young age. At the age of 3, he sang his first song “Papa Kehte Hain” on his school stage during a function. His father wanted him to learn classical singing and enrolled him into Sublab Saha’s musical institute. When he was in his 7th standard, he started doing shows with the band “Bachchon Ki Duniya.”
Nakash attended Mumbai’s Patkar College to pursue TYBA. While he was in college, he started participating in various musical competitions. He, then, joined Maqbool Hussain’s institute to receive training in classical music. In 2005, Nakash participated in season 2 of the singing reality show “Indian Idol” but got eliminated from the show after making it to to the top 28. Thereafter, he started composing jingles and devotional music along with one of his friends.
Height: 5′ 9″
Weight: 70 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Naksh Aziz belongs to a Muslim Family. He is the son of Naushad Aziz, former bank employee, and Shamshad, homemaker.
Nakash started his singing career in 2010 with the Telugu song “Vandemataram.” Subsequently, he made his debut in the Hindi Music Industry by singing the song “Suno Aisha” along with Amit Trivedi, Ash King. Aziz made his debut in the Kannada Music Industry with the song “Tingu Tingu”; in Bengali Music Industry with the song “Yoddhar Saathe Ebar Pujo Katan”; and in Tamil Music Industry with the song “Tamilselvi.” Some of his popular Bollywood tracks include “Selfie Le Le Re” from the film Bajrangi Bhaijaan, “Fan Anthem” from the film Fan, “Cutiepie” from the film Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, and “Sari Ke Fall Sa” and “Gandi Baat” from the film R… Rajkumar, and “Dhating Nach” from film Phata Poster Nikhla Hero.
Aziz has also worked as a music assistant under A. R. Rahman and Pritam. He even made his Hollywood debut as a singer in the film “The Hundred Foot Journey.”
- His hobbies include playing the keyboard and travelling.
- He follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Nakash considers Steven Spielberg, Christopher Nolan, James Cameron and Sachin Tendulkar as his idols.
- Aziz as a child was more interested in sports and hated to do the riyaaz, but gradually when he started learning music, he formed a deep interest in music.
- Aziz’s father was also a stage singer who used to sing Kishore Kumar’s songs on the stage shows along with his brothers. His father had a band called “Rema Roses” which regularly performed on the Mangalore circuit.