Mohit Raina is an Indian actor and model. He became a well-known face after playing the role of Lord Shiva in the serial “Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev” which was aired on Life OK.
Mohit was born on 14 August 1982 (age 36; as in 2018) in Jammu, India. His hometown is Kashmir, India. He was educated in Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jammu. He is a B.Com graduate from the Jammu University, Jammu. He lost around 29 kgs from the weight of 107 kg in his younger days for modeling. He participated in the Grasim Mister India 2005 and was grouped among the top 5 contenders.
Height: 5′ 11”
Weight: 78 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Body Measurements: Chest 44″, Waist 34″, Biceps 18″
Family and Caste
Mohit was born in a Family of Kashmiri Pandits. His father is Late P.L. Raina and mother is Sushma Kumara.
He dated the actress Mouni Roy for quite some time.
Mohit started his acting career with a TV serial called “Antariksh – Ek Amar Katha ” in 2004. His next appearance was in his 2008 Bollywood debut “Don Muthu Swami.” Afterward, he played different roles in numerous serials like “Chehra,” “Bandini,” and “Ganga Ki Dheej.” Next, he was seen playing the lead role in the very popular TV serial “Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev.”
Later, he was cast as the lead role of King Ashoka in Colors TV’s serial “Chakravartin Ashoka Samrat.”
Mohit was seen in the recent super hit movie “Uri: The Surgical Strike,” playing the role of Major Karan Kashyap.
- Food: Rajma-chawal, Gajar ka halwa, Kashmiri pulao and samosa
- Films: Sholay, Taare Zameen Par, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, and Ferrari Ki Sawari
- Book: The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- Destinations: Greece and Switzerland
- Hobbies: Meditation, Playing Snooker, Reading, Gymming
Mohit gets paid around ₹1 lakh a day.
- It took him 75 minutes to get ready for Lord Shiva’s getup in “Devon Ke Dev… Mahadev.”
- He worships Lord Shiva in his real life also.
- Priyanka Chopra’s family had once shown their interest in Mohit to be her husband.
- He bagged the ITA Award for the Best Actor (Male) Jury in 2018.