Mandeep Kaur Takhar also known as Mandy Takhar is a British actress and model who is mostly associated with the Punjabi Films. She came into the spotlight after playing the role of ‘Sahiba’ in the Punjabi film “Mirza – The Untold Story.”
Mandy Takhar was born on 1 May 1987 (age 32 years; as in 2019) in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom. Her zodiac sign is Taurus. Her family has its roots in village Maliana, Phagwara, Punjab.
She was educated in Wolverhampton. Mandy grew up as a tomboy during her high school days and was the only girl in her school’s football and rugby teams. She was inclined towards acting since she was 8 years old and after completing her graduation, she moved to England’s Kingston University to study theatre. In 2009, she relocated to Mumbai to pursue her career in acting.
Height: 5’ 6”
Weight: 65 kg
Hair Colour: Black dyed Brown
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Figure Measurements: 34-32-34
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Mandy made her acting debut in the Punjabi Film Industry in 2010 with the film “Ekam – Son of Soil.” Next, she played the role of “Sahiba” in the film “Mirza – The Untold Story” opposite Gippy Grewal. The film established her as one of the leading actresses of the Punjabi cinema. Subsequently, she featured in various popular Punjabi films including “Tu Mera 22 Main Tera 22,” “Sardar Ji,” and “Rabb Da Radio.” Takar received the PTC Punjabi Film Award for ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for her film “Sardar Ji.” She has also won the Most Prominent and Popular Face in the 6th Punjabi Film and Music Festival. Her Bollywood debut came in the year 2012 with the film “Bumboo.” In 2013, she made her debut in the Tamil Cinema with the film “Biriyani.”
In addition to acting, she has also tried her hands in singing with the song “Laddo Rani” in collaboration with Dr. Zeus. In 2018, she featured in the Punjabi sports film “Khido Khundi” in which she played the character of an independent woman who supported her family through thick and thin.
- Book: Sapiens A Brief History of Humankind
- Food: Yellow Dal, Pasta, Paneer, Saag
- Her hobbies include reading and doing horse riding, watching movies, hanging out with friends.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Her parents wanted Mandy to stay connected to her roots so they sent her to weekend school to learn Punjabi.
- At first, her family didn’t support her decision of becoming an actress.
- In order to prepare herself for her role in the film “Rab Da Radio,” Mandy spent 10 hours of the day just observing the lifestyle and characteristics of villagers.
- Mandy is trained in Martial Arts.
- She is a very good friend of the Punjabi actress, Wamiqa Gabbi.
- Takhar is associated with the international relief work organization called the “Khalsa Aid.” In 2016, she herself visited the Northern Iraq-Syria border to provide aid to the Kurdish Yazidi refugees.
- Her family and friends fondly call her Dippy and Dips.