Karishma Tanna is a talented and versatile Indian actress, model and host who has glamorous outlook to enchant the audience. The actress mainly appears in the Hindi films. She is best known for her acting in the Indian soap opera ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ and India’s most controversial reality show ‘Bigg Boss 8’. For more information, check out Tanna’s wiki, height, weight, age, boyfriend, caste, family, biography and more.
Karishma Tanna was born in 1983 in Mumbai, Maharashtra who blows her birthday candles every year on 21 December. Her family members and friends call her by the name Karu.
She did her schooling from her hometown Mumbai, Maharashtra. She completed her college education at Sydenham College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai. She received lots of fame after she appeared in Star Plus daily soap ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’. She achieved success in a very short duration of time because of her hard work. She took interest in dancing since childhood. She achieved success in a very short duration of time because of her hard work.
Karishma Tanna is a beautiful girl with perfect physique of 32-28-34 and with a very tall and amazing height of 5’ 9” height. She looks amazing on the screen in her dark brown eyes and black hair. She is a fitness freak who regularly goes to the gym.
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
She was born in a middle- class Gujarati family. Her father has died in 2012 and mother Jasmine Tanna both is a homemaker. She has a younger sister Drishma Kadam.
She was in a relationship with many celebrities but she denied such relations. Initially, she was in a relationship with the musician Bappa Lahiri for a short period.
After that, she had an affair with model Hanif Halal but due to some unknown reasons, they got separated.
Rushabh Choksi was her another boyfriend from whom she took a breakup after some time of the relationship.
In 2014, she started dating actor and model Upen Patel. Their love began from the house of Bigg Boss Season 8 and in 2015, they got engaged but later they got separated due to some reasons.
She started her career at the age of 17 as a TV actress in the most popular daily soap ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’ in 2001 in which she played the role of ‘Indu’.
After that, she appeared in many TV serials like ‘Kahi To Milenge’, ‘Manshaa’, ‘Des Mein Niklla Hoga Chand’, ‘Kkoi Dil Mein Hai’, ‘Shararat’, ‘Kkusum’, ‘Paalkhi’, and many more. In 2005, she tried her luck in the Bollywood from the movie ‘Dosti: Friends Forever’ in 2005 which was the flop and after that, she was either rejected for her height or for being a daily soap. She did not play well well in the Bollywood. After her debut movie, she came back to the Hindi TV serials and worked in many popular TV serials.
She gave the special appearance as a dancer in the TV serials ‘Kumkum Bhagya’ and ‘Yeh Vaada Raha’.
She has participated in the many reality shows like ‘Comedy Circus 1’, ‘Nach Baliye 3’ (Guest Contestant), ‘Kaho Na Yaar Hai’, ‘Zara Nachke Dikha’, ‘Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout’, ‘Comedy Circus Maha-Sangram’, ‘Bigg Boss 8’, and many more.
She has also hosted the reality shows like ‘Kaante Ki Takkar’ and ‘MTV Love School – Season 1 (with Upen Patel). She has been the judge in the show ‘BIG Memsaab‘.
In 2011, for the first time, she appeared as a lead actress in the Kannada movie ‘I Am Sorry Mathe Banni Preethsona’
and after that, she worked in the few Bollywood movies: ‘Grand Masti’, ‘Golu Aur Pappu’ and ‘Sanju’. in which she played the role of Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit.
In 2015, she won the title of ‘Stylish female in a reality show’ in the house of ‘Bigg Boss 8′.
In 2016, she won Zee Gold Awards in the category of ‘Most Fit Actress’.
- In 2014, she was one of the most controversial contestants inside the house of ‘Bigg Boss 8’.
- In 2017, due to her tantrums, she was replaced at the last moment by Surbhi Jyoti for the comedy show ‘Comedy Dangal’.
- In her debut movie, she worked alongside the superstars like Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor, Bobby Deol, Lara Dutta and Juhi Chawla which was like a dream come true for her.
- Before entering into the ‘Big Boss 8’ house, she learned cooking skills.
- Her Ex-boyfriend, Rushabh Choksi, put allegations on her that he and Karishma were still in a relationship when Karishma started dating Upen in the ‘Bigg Boss 8’ house.
- In 2015, Upen Patel proposed to her on the dance show ‘Nach Baliye 7, after that, the couple got engaged.
- Her favourite celebrities are Kangana Ranaut and Victoria Beckham.
- She likes to listen to the song ‘Jeena Jeena’ by Atif Aslam from the film ‘Badlapur.
- She loves Gujarati cuisine.
- Paris and Dubai are her favourite travelling spots.
- She has a BMW car.
- She inked a text tattoo (Ma-Mother) on her right wrist.