Karan Oberoi is an Indian television actor, anchor, and singer who appears in Hindi TV serials and TV commercials. He is famous for being part of the Indian Hindi boyband, “A Band of Boys.”
Karan Oberoi was born on 14 September 1978 (age 40 years; as in 2018) in The Amritsar city of Punjab. His zodiac sign is Virgo.
He got his degree in nautical science from National Institute of Personnel Management (NIPM), Chennai.
Height: 5′ 10″
Weight: 75 kg
Body Measurement: Chest 42″, Waist 34″, Biceps 15″
Eye Colour: Brown
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He belongs to a Sikh Family. His father B. J. Oberoi is an ex-army officer. His mother’s name is Rupinder Oberoi.
He has two brothers, and one of his brother’s name is Bhupinder Oberoi. He has a sister named Gurbani Oberoi.
He was in a relationship with the Indian actress Mona Singh from 2006 to 2008.
He made his acting debut with the 1995 TV serial “Swabhimaan,” which aired on DD National. He became part of the boyband ‘A Band Of Boys’ in 2001, with Siddharth Haldipur, Sherrin Varghese, Chintoo Bhosle and Sudhanshu Pandey initially.
When Sudhanshu Pandey left the group, the band announced to re-form in 2018 with the remaining four members. Karan made his singing debut in 2002 with the song “Meri Neend Ud Gayi Hai,” as a part of his boyband, A Band Of Boys.
He made his film debut with the movie “Kiss Kis Ko” in 2004.
In May 2019, Karan was arrested for allegedly raping and blackmailing a woman in Mumbai. According to the reports, he raped women at the pretence of marrying her.
- Food: Indian Street Food- Chaat, Golgappa, etc
- He is best known for his role in the TV serial “Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (2003-2006)” that aired on Sony Entertainment Television.
- Karan was born in Amritsar and he grew up in Chandigarh.
- He rose to fame with the TV show “Swabhimaan,” which aired on DD National.
- Karan is credited for founding India’s first boyband, “A Band Of Boys.”
- His band member Sudhanshu Pandey acted alongside him in the 2001 soap opera “Dishayen,” aired on DD National.
- He is best remembered for playing the love interest of the Jassi (Mona Singh) in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin. Reportedly, they were in a relationship in real life as well.
- Even though he had a successful TV career, he took a break in 2008 to pursue his interest in singing. Almost for eight long years, he focused solely on his band’s live concerts and did not appear on any TV shows.