Gurlej Akhtar is a Punjabi singer known for her work in the movies like Jawani Zindabaad (2010), Hashar(2008) and Guddiyan Patole (2019).
Gurlej Akhtar was born on 3 March in the Ludhiana city of Punjab. Her zodiac sign is Pisces. She did her schooling from Government Higher Secondary School, Silattur. She pursued her graduation from Punjab University, Patiala, Punjab.
Height: 5′ 3″
Weight: 70 kg
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Light Brown
Family, Caste & Husband
Gurlej Akhtar belongs to a Muslim family. Music runs in her family, and her father was also a singer.
Her mother’s name is Rani Akhtar.
Her brothers, Shehnaz Akhtar, Sahil Akhtar, and Dilshaad Akhtar (passed away) are all Sufi singers.
She has two more brothers named Rohal Singh and Shamshad Akhtar.
Her sister, Jasmeen Akhtar, is also a Punjabi singer.
She got married to the singer, Kulwinder Kally and the couple has a son named Daanveer.
She started her singing career by singing a duet with Sukhwinder Sukhi with his album “Sharif Munda” in 2004.
She has given her voice in Punjabi movies like, ‘Hashar (2008), ‘Jihne Mera Dil Luteya (2011),’ ‘Ardaas (2016),’ and many more.
Gurlej has sung several popular songs like ‘Love letter,’ ‘Fitteh Moo,’ ‘Nai Shad Da,’ and several others.
- Singer: Kuldeep Manak, Amar Singh Chamkila, Gurdas Maan
- Colour: Black, White, Yellow, Orange
- Her brothers Shehnaz and Sahil Akhtar were contestants in the Rising Star 2 that aired on ‘Colors TV channel.’ Together, they are known as, ‘Akhtar Brothers.’
- Gurlej started her career by singing a duet with Sukhwinder Sukhi when she was in class VIII.
- It was her father’s death that compelled Gurlej to sing as a means to support her family.
- She and her husband Kulwinder Kally met for the first time in a singing reality show as judges.