Barun Sobti is an Indian television actor who is best known for the portrayal of ‘Arnav Singh Raizada’ in Star Plus’s “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?.”
Barun Sobti was born on 21 August 1984 (age 35 years; as in 2019) in Delhi. His zodiac sign is Leo.
Barun was educated at the St. Mark’s School, New Delhi. He never went to college, since he started working to support his family when he was just 17. He worked for 7 years as an operational manager at a BPO, Jindal Telecom, New Delhi. Sobti had never thought of making acting as a career until, Karan Wahi, who was offered a role in the TV serial “Shraddha” rejected the offer due to monetary issues and recommended Barun’s name and forwarded his images to the director of the serial. He got selected for the show. That’s how he started his acting career at the age of 26.
Height (approx.): 5’ 11½”
Weight (approx.): 74 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 42″, Waist 32″, Biceps 14″
Family, Caste & Wife
Barun Sobti belongs to a Hindu Family. He is the son of Raj Sobti. His mother is a homemaker. He has an elder sister, Richa Arora.
Barun met Pashmeen Manchanda in his 9th standard and love blossomed between the two. The couple tied the knot on 12 December 2010.
In May 2019, Barun announced his wife’s pregnancy and shared the pictures of their Baby Shower.
Barun began his acting career in 2009 with Star Plus’ serial “Shraddha.” Next, he made a negative cameo in the medical series “Dill Mill Gayye.” Subsequently, he appeared in the lead role in Sony Entertainment Television’s series “Baat Hamari Pakki Hai.” In 2011, Sobti bagged the role of Arnav Singh Raizada in the tv serial “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?.” Barun’s portrayal of an arrogant business tycoon made him an overnight star. He, then, took a break of 5 years from television and returned to the TV with the third season of “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?”(2017).
Barun made his Bollywood debut in 2014 with the film “Main Aur Mr Right.” He portrayed the role of Arjun Anand in Tu Hai Mera Sunday. He has also worked in a short film, Dry Dreams, which is based upon the importance of water conservation. He has even starred in Hotstar Originals’ web series like “Tanhaiyan” and “ALT Balaji’s The Great Indian Dysfunctional Family.”
After Barun made an exit from the show, “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?,” due to some unspecified reason, the production team decided to replace him with some other actor. When Barun’s fans heard the news of his exit, they threatened to stop watching the serial and even to commit suicide if he leaves the show. However, the actor later clarified that he was unaware of all this as he was not in the country at that time.
He gets paid around Rs. 30,000 per episode.
- Cuisines: Chinese, Italian, Continental
- Films: Andaz Apna Apna (1994), You Don’t Mess with the Zohan (2008)
- Holiday Destinations: Melbourne, Maldives
- Sports: Football, Cricket
- Mobile Games: Candy Crush, 2048
- He loves writing poems and playing football in his leisure time.
- He was so naughty in his school days and his mother was almost in the vice principal’s office all the time for one or the other reason.
- His first income was of Rs. 200 which he received by selling a dinner set in his summer job.
- Barun signed Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon only for a year but after looking at the popularity of the show and his character the producer requested him to stay for long.
- The news of his exit from the serial “Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?” troubled the audience to such an extent that they threatened to commit suicide if Barun makes an exit from the show.
- He purchased 3 Honda City’s at the same time, one for his father, one for his wife, and one for himself.
- Sobti is phobic to Sky Diving.
- He is very fond of bikes.
- His friends and family fondly call him Rubble.
- He is very affectionate towards dogs.
- He is a private person and doesn’t like to socialize.
- He stood second in the Gazette Review list of the Most Handsome Men in the World in 2017-2018.
- The television actor, Karan Wahi, and actress, Priyanka Bassi, were his childhood friends.