Armaan Malik is an Indian playback singer and actor who is best known for being the youngest singer to win two debut awards at Global Indian Music Awards (GiMA) and best playback singer award in Big Star Entertainment Awards in 2015.
Armaan Malik was born on 22 July 1995 (age 23 years; as in 2018) in Mumbai.
He did his schooling from Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai. He has done his Honours in Music from Berklee College of Music, Boston, Massachusetts. He started learning music at the very young age of 4. He learned singing from Ritu Kaul and Qadir Mustafa Khan. Armaan’s Zodiac/Sun sign is Cancer.
Height: 5′ 7″
Weight: 70 kg
Body Measurements: Chest 38″, Waist 32″, Biceps 11″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Armaan Malik was born to the music director, composer, singer, and actor Daboo Malik and Jyothi Malik, who is a teacher. He has a brother named Amaal Mallik.
The famous music director Anu Malik is his uncle who married Anju Malik, and the couple have two daughters Ada Malik and Anmol Malik.
His other uncle is Abu Malik who is also a film score composer. Abu Malik has an Aadar Malik, who is an actor, singer and stand-up comedian and a daughter Kasheesh Malik.
He is the grandson of veteran Indian music director and score composer, Sardar Malik and his grandmother’s name is Kausar Jahan Malik.
He said in an interview that he was in love with a girl. The girl is also a famous personality, and he would like their relationship to be a secret. He was once rumoured to be dating indo-kiwi singer Shirley Setia.
He got his singing break in the 2008 movie “Bhoothnath.” The song was “Mere Buddy,” which he sang with Amitabh Bachchan.
In 2014, he sang “Tumko To Aana Hi Tha,” “Love You Till The End,” and title track from Salman Khan’s movie Jai Ho. He has sung “Main Hoon Hero Tera” for the movie Hero and “Kwahishein” for the movie Calendar Girls. He rose to fame after his song “Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon” featuring Emraan Hashmi and Esha Gupta.
He has given his voice to the actors from the movie like “Airlift” to “M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story” under his brother Amaal’s composition. He sang two Bengali songs for the movie “Amar Aponjon.” Armaan lent his voice to Hindi soundtrack of the movie “2.0,” the most expensive film up to the date under A. R. Rahman’s composition. Talking about his acting career, Armaan’s first on-screen appearance was in the movie “Kaccha Limboo” in the year 2011.
- There was a controversy created by people in the social media that Armaan and his brother Amaal Mallik stormed out of The Kapil Sharma Show following Kapil Sharma’s fallout with Sunil Grover. Armaan put a stop to the controversy by tweeting that they were not supposed to be on the show because he was out of the town and his brother had an important meeting to attend.
- It was the time before Justin Bieber Purpose Tour in India. Sonakshi Sinha was in the news for singing in the concert’s opening ceremony, and Kailash Kher tweeted his disagreement over it. The disagreement resulted in a fight between Sonakshi and Armaan when Armaan tweeted saying that he agrees with Kailash Kher Sir and singers are not given their due place in the industry. The argument turned ugly, and at the end, Sonakshi replied that she was not going to sing at the concert.
- Filmfare R D Burman Award in 2016
- Mirchi Music Awards for Indipop Song of the Year for “Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon” in 2017
Global Indian Music Awards (GiMA)
- Best Debutant Award – Film for the “Ungli” of the film Auliya in 2015
- Jagjit Singh Award – Best Music Debut in 2015
- Best Music Video for “Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon” in the movie 2016
- Food: Italian Food, Churros
- Musician: Mohammed Rafi, Kumar Sanu, R. D. Burman, A. R. Rahman, Sonu Nigam, Arijit Singh, Shreya Ghoshal, Pritam Chakraborty, Chris Brown, Bruno Mars, Beyonce, Rihanna, Michael Bublé, Coldplay, Justin Bieber,
- Song: Phir Le Aaya Dil from the film Barfi, Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin from the movie Agneepath, Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna from the film Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, Fix You by Coldplay
Armaan Malik has a net worth of $9.5 million. He charges ₹ 10-30 lakhs for songs per movie.
- Armaan loves football and is a fan of FC Bayern Munich.
- He was one of the finalists in Zee TV’s show “Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs.” He got eliminated in the 7th position.
- When he was asked to choose between music and restaurant, he chose music.
- He was in the middle of his exam when he was called out for the recording of “Mere Buddy” from the movie “Bhoothnath (2008).”
- After he had done the recording of “Mere Buddy,” the directors decided to replace his voice with someone else. In the end, it was his version of the song that was selected for the movie.
- Armaan Malik has also been associated with the singing reality show “The Voice India” as his judge.
- Apart from singing, he is a fine guitar and piano player.
- His fandom is known as “Armaanians.”
- His favourite clothing brand is Zaara.
- He doesn’t read newspapers.
- He has a pet dog, which he calls “Lil’ lion.”
- Armaan believes in ‘Love At First Sight.’
- He has a crush on famous Indian actress Deepika Padukone. She is his ideal type. Apart from that, he wishes his girl to have beautiful eyes and charming personality.
- His most prized possession is his Guitar.
- According to a poll conducted on “50 Asia’s Sexiest Men 2018,” Armaan Malik stands in 21st place.
- When people ask Armaan if he wants to be an actor. He says, “I don’t want that. It takes up to 15 years to learn singing, the same is the case with acting. So, I want to do what I am best at. I only want to act in my music videos. That’s it.”
- He always wanted to have action figures of Avengers Like other kids. Now that he has it, he says, “As every other kid I always wanted to play with these action figures, but unfortunately I could never afford the “original” ones that everyone else at my school had. Today, I finally have this super cool avengers collection in my possession!! I’m glad how life turns around.”