Amrinder Gill was born on 11 May 1976 (age 43 years; as in 2019) in Boorchand, Amritsar. His zodiac sign is Taurus. He did his graduation from Khalsa College, Amritsar and went to Guru Nanak Dev University to pursue his master’s degree in agriculture science. He was inclined towards acting from a very young age. In his childhood, Gill often imitated scenes from the movies while standing in front of the mirror. He was a part of his college’s Bhangra team and has also performed in Sarbjit Cheema’s Bhangra troupe as a supporting artist. After completing his master’s, Amrinder worked as a Manager at the Ferozepur Central Cooperative Bank.
Height: 5’ 7′
Weight: 75 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Body Measurements: Chest 40″, Waist 32″, Biceps 14″
Family, Caste & Wife
Amrinder is married to Suneet Gill and has one son.
Amrinder Gill started his career as a singer with the Punjabi song “Kala Doria” which he recorded for the Jalandhar Doordarshan program. His debut music album “Apni Jaan Ke” was launched in 2000. Gill came into the limelight with the song “Paigam,” and subsequently released hit songs like “Daru,” “Madhaania,” “Khedan De Din,” “Mel Kara De,” and “Dildarian.” In 2011, he released his album “Judaa” which was a huge hit and was considered one of the most successful Punjabi albums of all time. The album earned him Brit Asia Music Award for ‘Best Album’ in 2012.
Amrinder made his acting debut in 2009, with the Punjabi film “Munde UK De” alongside Jimmy Shergill and Neeru Bajwa. Next, he played the lead role in the film “Ik Kudi Punjab Di.” Subsequently, he featured in hit films like “Goreyan Nu Daffa Karo,” “Angrej,” “Love Punjab,” “Sarvann,” and “Lahoriye.”
- Singers: Gurdas Maan, Shreya Ghoshal
- His hobbies include travelling, listening to music, watching films, and reading literature.
- Amrinder Gill was in Sarbjit Cheema’s Bhangra Team and Gill asked Cheema to perform behind him but Cheema’s show got cancelled for some reason and producers gave Gill a chance to sing.
- Amrinder Gill has a shy personality and often stays away from media.
- Gill is very less active on social media and likes to keep his life private.
- He is fondly called Ammy.