Amaal Mallik was born on 16 June 1991 (age 27 years; as in 2018) in Mumbai. His zodiac sign is Gemini.
He attended Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai. He did his B.Com from N. M. College in Mumbai. He studied piano and did a course in music (western classical, jazz & rock) from Trinity College of Music under the guidance of his teacher including Benny, Xavier Fernandes, Tony Pinto, and Joy Bose. He even received informal training under the guidance of his grandfather, Sardar Malik.
Height: 5′ 10″
Weight: 80 kg
Body Measurement: Chest 40″, Waist 34″, Biceps 12″
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: Black
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
He is the grandson of veteran music director and score composer, Sardar Malik. His grandmother’s name is Kausar Jahan Malik.
His uncles, Abu Malik, is a film score composer and Anu Malik is also a music composer. He has four cousins; Ada and Anmol Malik (singer) (daughters of Anu and Anju Malik), and Kasheesh and Aadar Malik, an actor & stand-up comedian (children of Abu Malik).
As A Music Composer
After completing his class 10, he immediately went to assist Amar Mohile (music composer and film score composer ) for the soundtrack of “Sarkar (2005)” and “Shootout at Lokhandwala (2007).” He then later joined his father in arranging and producing music for the films like “Kisaan (2009),” in which he collaborated on the remix track of “Mere Desh Ki Dharti” with the pop singer, Daler Mehndi. In 2014, he debuted as a music composer, composing three tracks for the movie “Jai Ho (2014)” and “Khoobsurat (2014).”
He sang the song “O Khuda” from the movie “Hero (2015).”
In Advertising And Television
He has composed over 100 advertisement jingles for brands like Amul, Vodafone, Horlicks, Relaxo, Toyota, Cornetto, Indian Oil, Sunfeast, iBall, and Makemytrip.com.
He composed the title track for Sony’s “Hongey Judaa Na Hum (2012-13)” and also the background score for the show “26/12” for Life Ok.
- There was a huge war of words between his brother Armaan Malik and the actress Sonakshi Sinha, for the issue of actors turning singer when it was announced that Sonakshi was going to sing in Justin Bieber’s concert. Luv Sinha, Sonakshi’s brother took a dig at him and his brother Armaan for ‘acting’ in their music videos. Amaal wrote a long post, in which he placed his support to his brother and the singers and made fun of Luv’s acting career.
- Amaal Malik once lashed out at Filmfare Jury for their ‘biased’ nature. He said that he was ashamed of his own nomination; as he said that songs he had composed for the films were average and the other’s movie’s like “M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story (2016)” were the more significant film with successful songs. He further went on to criticise Anil Kapoor’s son Harshvardhan’s getting all the awards for his debut when Diljit Dosanjh for the movie “Udhta Punjab (2016)” should have got the award.
- Amaal made the remake of the song “Neend Churayi Meri Kissne O Sanam” from the movie “Ishq (1997)” used in “Golmaal Again (2017).” However, the original composer of the song Anu Malik was not at all pleased as he said that they did not take his permission before that. Amaal replied that he didn’t need to seek permission from him as they took the rights of the original song ‘Sending All My Love by Linear,” on which the tune was based. He further added that he wanted to take permission, but his uncle did not pick up his call.
- Kapil Sharma was being trolled for his arrogant and egoistic nature. In which Malik brothers were dragged somehow, it was a rumour that Amaal and Armaan stormed out of Kapil’s show, “The Kapil Sharma Show” because Armaan was not respected in the show. Amaal, who was supposed to be on the show for Sonakshi Sinha’s upcoming movie, “Noor (2017),” failed to appear in the show at last. Later, Amaal shut the rumours by saying that Armaan was never supposed to be on the show and Amaal had to go out for some important work that is why he did not attend the show. He further added that Kapil Sharma has been very kind to them whenever they have been on the show.
- Filmfare Award for the Best Music Director for the film ‘Roy’ in 2016
- Best Film Album for the film “Roy” in 2016
- GiMA MTV Viewers Choice Award for the song “Sooraj Dooba Hai” from the movie “Roy” in 2016
Mirchi Music Award
- Listener’s Choice Song of The Year “Soch Na Sake” from the film “Airlift” in 2017
- Listener’s Choice Album of The Year for the film “Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety” in 2019
- Listener’s Choice Album of The Year for the film “Roy” in 2016
- Food: Dal Makhani, Butter Chicken, Butter Naan
- Songs: ‘Hoshwalo Ko Khabar’ from the film Sarfarosh (1999), ‘Fir Le Aya Dil’ from the film Barfi (2012), ‘Abhi Mujhme Kahin’ from the movie Agneepath (2012), ‘Fix You’ by Coldplay
- From 2008 to 2011, Amaal assisted Pritam on several films like Rowdy Rathore, R… Rajkumar, Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns, Heroine, Youngistaan, Ab Tak Chhappan 2, and Phata Poster Nikla Hero.
- His first outing as solo background scorer was for ‘Khwaabb,’ a sports film produced by PVR Pictures & Bullseye Entertainment.
- He has a huge crush on Preity Zinta.
- Armaan Malik, Amaal, and their father collaborated for the first time for the song, “Chale Aana,” from the film “De De Pyaar De (2019).”