Aditya Roy Kapoor is an India actor. He came into the spotlight by playing the role of ‘Rahul Jaykar’ in the romantic drama “Aashiqui 2.”
Aditya Roy Kapoor was born on 16 November 1985 (age 33 years; as in 2018) in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He did his schooling from Mumbai’s GD Somani Memorial School. His mother was a drama teacher in the same school. Aditya was not good in studies and even failed his 6th and 11th standard. He wanted to be a cricketer from his school days and started taking cricket coaching. But, he dropped his coaching classes when he was in 6th standard. Aditya completed his graduation from St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai. After completing his graduation, he worked as a VJ on Channel V for 5 years.
Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: 80 kg
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Dark Brown
Body Measurements: Chest 42″, Waist 33″, Biceps 15″
Family, Caste & Girlfriend
Aditya Roy Kapur belongs to a Hindu Khatri Family. He was born to a Punjabi father and Jewish mother. His father, Kumud Roy Kapur, is a producer and mother, Salome Roy Kapur, is a former model. His father and mother met at a bar when his father was an army officer and posted in Kashmir. His grandfather, Raghupat Roy Kapur, was a film producer who emigrated from Lahore, Pakistan to Mumbai in the 1940s.
His elder brother, Siddharth Roy Kapur, is a producer and CEO of UTV Motion Pictures. Siddharth is married to Vidya Balan.
His brother, Kunal Roy Kapur, is also a producer.
Aditya Roy Kapur was rumoured to be dating Rhea Chakraborty.
Aditya was in a relationship with Shraddha Kapoor. However, the couple separated as Shraddha’s parents never approved of Aditya.
Aditya is reported to be in a relationship with Diva Dhawan, a fashion model.
Aditya started his career as a VJ (Video Jockey) on Channel V where his unique style of hosting and perfect comic timing made him immensely popular in the audience. While Aditya was working as a VJ he received a call for the audition for a film.
He made his Bollywood debut in 2009 by playing a small role in the film “London Dreams.”
Next, he played a supporting role in the films “Action Replayy” and “Guzaarish.”
In 2013, Aditya starred in the romantic drama “Aashiqui 2” opposite ‘Shraddha Kapoor.’ The film was hit on the box office and his performance in the film was critically acclaimed.
Subsequently, he also appeared in films like “Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani,” “Daawat-e-Ishq,” “Fitoor,” and “OK Jaanu.”
- BIG Star Entertainment Award for the Most Romantic Jodi Award alongside Shraddha Kapoor (2013)
- Screen Award for Jodi No. 1 along with Shraddha Kapoor (2014)
- Star Guild Awards for Jodi of the Year along with Shraddha Kapoor (2014)
Aditya’s car collection includes a BMW 5 Series. He also owns a Royal Enfield Cast Iron 500.
Aditya has an estimated net worth of ₹54 crore. He gets paid around ₹4 crore for a film.
- Food: Eggs Benedict, Pizza, Butter chicken, Kaali daal, Kung Pao chicken, Kung Pao potatoes, Honey Nut Crunch, Bavarian Chocolate, Biryani, Rajma Chawal, Seekh Kabab, Korma Boti
- Actors: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Brad Pitt, Daniel Day-Lewis, Sean Penn, Abbhay Deol, Ranveer Singh
- Directors: Dibakar Banerjee, Vikramaditya Motwane, Vishal Bhardwaj
- Sports: Cricket, Football
- Restaurants: Indigo Delicatessen, Gaylord, Theobroma in Mumbai
- Ice-creams: Honey Nut Crunch, Bavarian Chocolate
- Aditya Roy Kapur prefers drinking alcohol.
- Aditya Roy Kapur is a foodie and he considers street food as his weakness.
- His hobbies include collecting matchboxes, playing the guitar, drawing, and writing songs.
- Aditya rejected two major films for his film Fitoor. Unfortunately, the movie was a flop at the box office.
- He resides at a flat at Carter Road, Bandra, Mumbai.
- He doesn’t like people talking loudly at the restaurants.
- His friends fondly call him Adi.
- According to Aditya, his dream girl should smell like an angel and should have a perfect nose and big soulful eyes.
- Tiger Shroff was the first choice for Aashiqui 2, but the role later went to Aditya.
- Aditya came completely drunk on the sets of Aashiqui 2 for a scene in the film. However, the shot got cancelled as he was not in his senses.
- According to Aditya, his film “Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani was the turning point in his career.
- Kapur prefers waking up late in the morning. Sometimes, he even wakes up at noon.
- Aditya loves playing the guitar and is also a part of some music bands.
- According to him, if he would not have been an actor, he would have been a cricketer, musician or a VJ.
- Aditya is very much addicted to coffee.
- Aditya is very particular about his fitness and works out five times a week to maintain his physique. He told during an interview that he prefers playing football over running on a treadmill.
- He loves eating ice-cream. He told that before featuring into films he used to finish half a litre of ice-cream every night.
- Before stepping into acting, he wanted to release his album.