Abhinandan Pathak is a lookalike of Narendra Modi, who is famous for mimicking Modi. He is known for dressing and speaking like Modi and is sometimes referred to as ‘Junior Narendra Modi’ or ‘Nandan Modi.’
Abhinandan Pathak was born in the year 1963 (age 56 years; as in 2019) in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh. He studied in Shishu Niketan School, Saharanpur until class 5 and then went to S M Inter College, Saharanpur. Abhinandan did his post graduation (Master of Arts) from Jain Degree College, Saharanpur.
Eye Colour: Black
Hair Colour: White
Family, Caste & Wife
Abhinandan Pathak belongs to a Brahmin family. His father’s name is Ram Surat who used to be an employee at a small central store in Gandhi Ashram. His mother is a retired headmaster from Junior High School. He is married and has three daughters and a son.
He contested 1999 Lok Sabha Election from Chaurasi, Saharanpur but lost. He contested the 2012 Councillor Elections but eventually lost again. He came into focus after he started campaigning for Modi from Varanasi. He reportedly visited every corner Varanasi, on foot in 90 days. Because of his resemblance with Narendra Modi, Abhinandan was a target of people who were upset by Modi’s governance. People often throw words at him asking, “Acche Din Kab Aayenge” or when will “15 lakh” be transferred to their account. He was often the center of public rage. He tried to contact the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath and Mahendra Nath Pandey, president of BJP’s state unit for security but there was no response. Due to indifference with the state government and fear of risk to his life, led Abhinandan to Congress. He joined Congress in 2018 and decided to campaign for Congress in 2019 Lok Sabha Elections. He filed his nomination as an Independent candidate from Lucknow and Varanasi for 2019 Lok Sabha Elections.
After filing nomination on April 2019 from Lucknow. He announced his slogan, ” Ek Vote, Ek Note,” to the media. However, he received a notice from Election commission of India telling that the slogan violates Model Code of Conduct (MCC) and amounts to “luring electorate for votes.”
- Abhinandan’s father initially belonged from Faizabad but later moved to Saharanpur.
- Abhinandan was born into a very poor family. His father even polished shoes and washed dishes at people’s house to earn a living for his family.
- Abhinandan used to sell ‘Kheer (an Indian sweet dish)’ in trains to earn money.
- He is a retired physical education teacher.
- Abhinandan runs a small school.
- Narendra Modi met Abhinandan for the first time in 2014. Describing the incident, Abhinadan says that it was around 8 in the night. He was waiting for Modi’s arrival. The car arrived, and he was standing at the gate to welcome Modi. Modi saw Abhinandan and was so shocked to him that he didn’t come out of the car. After a while, Modi stepped out of his car, and the moment he put his steps on the ground, Abhinandan fell on his knees before Modi. Narendra Modi picked him up and hugged him.
- Lookalike of Modi, he even starts his speeches using the word, ‘Mitron– a word Narendra Modi uses while addressing his audience.’
- He is an ardent follower of B. R. Ambedkar.